Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Who Am I?

I am a New Creation

Rom 3 – I am a sinner in need of God’s grace through Christ

Rom 3:24 – I am justified freely through Christ

Rom 4:23-25 – I am justified by Christ and righteousness will be credited to me

Rom 5:1 – I have been justified through faith; I have peace with God through Christ; I have access to grace by faith through Christ

Rom 6:1-7 – I am dead to sin, am no longer a slave to sin, baptized into Christ’s death, am united with Christ in His death & resurrection, my old self was crucified & buried with Him - I am free from sin & given new life just as Christ was raised from the dead

Rom 6:18-23 – I am free from sin & have chosen to become a slave to God/righteousness, leading to holiness, resulting in eternal life

Rom 7:6 - I am released from the law, the old way, the written code

Rom 7:13-25 - I am at war against the law of my mind; I am in my mind a slave to God’s law, but I am in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin

Rom 8:1-2 – I am free from condemnation because Christ has set me free from the law of sin & death

Rom 8: 9 - I am free from the control of the sinful nature

Rom 8:29-30 – I am predestined, called, justified & glorified; I am being conformed to the likeness of His Son

Rom 8:37 – I am more than a conqueror through Him

Rom 8:38-39 – I am inseparable from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

Rom 10:13 – I am saved

Rom 12:1 - I am a living sacrifice, offering my body as a spiritual act of worship

Rom 12:2 – I am able, through the renewing of my mind, to be able to test and approve what God’s will is

I. Cor 1:2 – I am sanctified in Christ; I am called to be holy

I Cor 1:30 – I am righteous, holy and redeemed through Christ

I Cor 4:3-5 – I am judged by God, Who is the only One who can accurately judge me

I Cor 9:24-27 – I am able to beat my body and make it my slave; I am not a slave to my body; I have the ability to discipline and train my body

I Cor 10:13 – I am able to bear any temptation that comes to me; I am able to find a way out and stand up under it

I Cor 15:10 – I am what I am by the grace of God

I Cor 15:22 – I am made alive through Christ

II Cor 3:18 – I am being transformed into His likeness through the Spirit, and with an unveiled face reflect the Lord’s glory

II Cor 4:8-9 – I am hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; I am perplexed, but not in despair; I am persecuted, but not abandoned; I am struck down, but not destroyed

II Cor 5:15 – I have died to my old self and no longer live for myself, but for Christ

II Cor 5:17 – I am a new creation in Christ, the old has gone, the new has come

II Cor 5:21 – I am the righteousness of God through Christ

II Cor 9:8-9 – I have all I need at all times; I am abounding with God’s grace; I will abound in every good work

II Cor 10:4-5 - I am able to fight with weapons that have divine power; I am able to demolish strongholds, arguments and ever pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God; I am able to take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ

II Cor 12:9-10 - I am weak and am able to boast gladly & delight in my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties; I am strong in my weaknesses because God’s grace and power is made perfect in my weakness.

Gal 2:20 – I am crucified with Christ and no longer live, but Christ lives in me

Gal 5:1 – I am free by the power of Christ; I am no longer burdened by a yoke of slavery

Eph 1:1/Php 1:1; 4:21 -  I am a saint in Christ Jesus

Eph 1:3 – I am blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ

Eph 1:4 – I am holy and blameless in His sight by His choice since before the creation of the world

Eph 1:7-8 – I am redeemed though his blood; I am lavished with forgiveness of my sins, wisdom & understanding

Eph 1:23 – I am the fullness of Him who fills everything in every way

Eph 2:4 – I am loved by a God who is rich in mercy

Eph 2:5 – I am alive with Christ; I am saved by grace

Eph 2:9 – I am saved by grace through faith (the gift of God)

Eph 2:13 – I am near to Christ to his redemptive blood

Eph 2:18 – I have access to the Father

Eph 2:20 – I am built on the foundation of the apostles & prophets with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone

Eph 3:1 – I am a prisoner of Christ Jesus

Eph 3:12 – I am able to approach God with freedom and confidence through faith

Eph 3:16-17 – I am strengthened with power through the Spirit in my inner being so that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith

Eph 4:24 – I am a new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness

Eph 6:10 – I am strong in the Lord and in his mighty power 

Php 3:9 – I am found in Christ; I have a righteousness through faith in Christ that comes from God

Php 4:7 – I am guarded in my heart and mind by the peace of God

Php 4:13 / Jn 15:5 – I am able to do everything through Him who gives me strength

Col 1:14 – I am redeemed and forgiven of my sins

Col 1:22 – I am reconciled by Christ’s physical body through death and will be presented holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation if I continue in my faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel

Col 2:7 – I am rooted and built up in Christ

Col 2:10 – I have been given fullness in Christ, who is head over every power and authority

Col 2:11 – I am circumcised in Christ, by Christ, putting off the sinful nature

Col 2:12-13 – I am buried with Christ in baptism and raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead

Col 3:1-4 – I have been raised with Christ; I am dead and my life is now hidden with Christ in God; Christ is my life

Col 3:10 – I, in my new self, am being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator

II Tim 1:7 – I have a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline, not of timidity

II Tim 1:9/ Titus 3:5 – I have been saved and called to a holy life, in spite of who I am, not because of who I am

Heb 4:16 – I am able to approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that I may receive mercy and find grace to help me in my time of need

Heb 7:25 – I am saved completely through Christ, who always lives to intercede for me

Heb 10:10 – I am holy through the sacrifice of Christ’s body

Heb 10:22 – I am cleansed in my heart from a guilty conscience and my body washed pure with water; I am able to draw near to God with a sincere heart and in full assurance of faith

II Pet 1:3 –  I am given everything I need, through God’s divine power, for life & godliness through my knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness

II Pet 1:4 – I am given His very great and precious promises, so that through them I may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

I Jn  2:2 – I am defended by Christ before the Father who has died for my sins, and for the sins of the whole world

 

I am His Temple


Rom 5:5 – I am a temple of the Holy Spirit and have been given His love in my heart

I Cor 3:16 – I am God’s temple; God’s Spirit lives in me

I Cor 6:16 – I am the temple of the living God; God lives in me

I Cor 6:19-20 – I am a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in me; I am not my own; I was bought at a price so that I may honor God with my body

Heb 3:5-6 – I am God’s house if indeed (I) hold fasts (my) confidence and (my) boasting in (my) hope
 

I Belong to God


I Cor 2:12 – I am able to understand what God has freely given me because I have been given the Spirit who is from God

I Cor 2:16 – I have the mind of Christ

I Cor 6:17 – I am united with the Lord; I am one with Him in spirit

II Cor 1:21 – I am anointed and have His seal of ownership on me with his Spirit in my heart as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come

Eph 1:10-11 – I am under Christ’s headship

Eph 1:13-14 – I am marked in Christ with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit; I am guaranteed inheritance through the Holy Spirit; I am God’s possession

Eph 3:6 – I am a Gentile, a heir together with Israel, a member of one body, and a sharer in the promise in Christ Jesus

Col 3:12 – I am among God’s chosen people; I am holy and dearly loved

Titus 1:1 – I am God’s elect

I Pet 2:9-10 – I am a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God; I have been called out of darkness into his wonderful light

I Pet 2:10 – I am part of the people of God, who has received mercy

I Cor 12:13 – I was baptized by the Spirit into the body

 

I Belong in Heaven


Jn 15:18-19 – I belong to God in Heaven, not to the world

II Cor 5:6-8 - I am away from the Lord when in this body; when I am away from the body, I will be at home with the Lord

Eph 2:6 – I am raised up with Christ and seated with him in the heavenly realms

Eph 2:19 – I am a fellow citizen of God’s people; I am a member of God’s household

Php 3:20 – I am a citizen in heaven; I am being transformed in my lowly body so that I may be like his glorious body

Col 1:13 – I am rescued from the dominion of darkness and have been brought into the kingdom of the Son

I Pet 2:11 – I am an alien and stranger in the world; I am at war with sinful desires for my soul


I am His Child


Jn 1:12 – I am a child of God; I have been borne of God

Rom 8:12-14 – I am obligated to choose to live by the Spirit, not by the sinful nature…by doing so, I will live, because I am a (son) of God just as Christ is His Son and lives

Rom 8:14-17 – I am a child of God, I have received the Spirit of sonship; God is my Father; I am heirs of God & co-heirs with Christ; I share in his sufferings & will therefore share also in his glory

II Cor 6:18 – I am fathered by God himself; I am his daughter; since I am a daughter of the King, I am His princess

Gal 3:26,28,29 – I am (sons) of God, belonging to Christ, Abraham’s seed & an heir

Gal 4:6,7 – I am a (son) and heir, and no longer a slave because I have the Spirit of his Son in my heart

Eph 1:5 – I was predestined to be adopted as his (sons) through Christ  

I Thes 5:5 – I am a (son) of light and a (son) of the day; I do not belong to the night or to the darkness

Heb 2:11 – I am of the same family as Christ

I Jn 3:1-2 – I am called a child of God

I Jn 5:18-19 – I am borne of God and kept safe by Christ, who cannot be harmed by the evil one

Eph 5:8 – I am light in the world, a child of light

Eph 5:29-30 – I am the part of the church, a member of Christ’s body, fed and cared for by Christ

Col 3:24 – I am promised an inheritance form the Lord as a reward for working for the Lord and not men

I Thes 1:4 – I am chosen by God; I am loved by God


I am His Friend


Jn 15:15 – I am Christ’s friend because He has made known to me God’s business
 

I am His Bride


Isa 62:5 – I am the bride of God; He is our bridegroom

Jer 3:14 – I am the wife of the LORD

Rev 19:7 – I am the bride of the Lamb
 

I am His Sheep


Ps 95:7 - I am the sheep of God’s pasture, the flock under the care of the Shepherd (Ps 79:13/Ps 100:3/Jn 10:9,14/I Pet 2:25/ I Pet 5:4/ Heb 13:20-21/ Rev 7:17)

 

I am given purpose by God


Mt 5:13 – I am the salt of the earth

Mt 5:14 – I am the light of the world

Jn 15:1,5 – I am a branch of the True Vine, able in Him to bear much fruit

Jn 15:16 – I am chosen & appointed by God to bear eternal fruit

Rom 8:28 – I have been called according to God’s purpose; He will work everything together for good

Rom 9:21- I am clay being molded by the Potter for His purposes

Rom 12:4-8 / I Cor 12 / Eph 4:1-16 – I am a necessary part of the body of Christ, & have been given a gift to be used for the effective functioning of the body as a whole

I Cor 3:9 – I am God’s fellow worker; I am God’s field; I am God’s building

I Cor 4:1 – I am a servant of Christ & have been entrusted with the secret things of God

I Cor 15 - I am useful for edifying the church body

II Cor 2:15-16 – I am the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life.

II Cor 5:18-19 – I am reconciled to God through Christ; I am a minister of reconciliation

II Cor 5:20 – I am an ambassador of Christ

Eph 2:10 – I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do the good works God prepared in advance for us to do

Eph 3:20 – I am a vessel of His power that is at work within me

Eph 4:1 – I am a prisoner for the Lord; I have received God’s calling

Eph 4:11-13 – I am a part of the body of Christ, who through building each other up (until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God) and through becoming mature, can attain to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ

Eph 6:11,13- I am able to take a stand and stand my ground against the devil’s schemes by putting on the full armor of God

Eph 6:20 – I am an ambassador in chains for the gospel

Php 1:5 – I am a partner in the gospel

Php 1:6 – I am confident that he who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus 

II Tim 2:15 – I am God’s workman

II Tim 3:16-17 – I am equipped through Scripture for every good work

Heb 10:24-25 – I am useful for spurring on and encouraging believers toward love and good deeds

I Pet 2:5 – I am like a living stone, being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Christ

I Pet 5:8 – I am called to God’s eternal glory in Christ, who will restore me and make me strong, firm and steadfast

No comments:

Post a Comment