MEN, your SONS will grow up to be like YOU.
Your DAUGHTERS will grow up and marry men like YOU.
Is that going to be a good thing or a bad thing?
To this I say...
Oh I earnestly hope they will; I'm not sure there's anything I want more than for my sons to grow up to be like their daddy and my daughter to marry a man just like him. I could count the ways...starting with Tad's love & commitment to Jesus, ...his love & commitment to me & his kids because of his love & commitment to Jesus, ...his love for/faith in/knowledge of God's Word, ...his passion for helping people know God & the gospel inside & out (and by "people" I mean our kids, our families, co-workers, everyone he meets), ...his commitment to pursue Eph 5 v.25-31: giving up his life for me just as Christ did for his bride (the church), ...the list goes on & on. My goal in the raising & training of my children is for them to know Jesus and to steer them toward living a life of gratitude for God's insurmountable love & grace. If, in this process, they grow up to be like their earthly father, then I know they will emulate their heavenly Father, as Tad does, and I will be unspeakably blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment